In addition, donations can also be made through our website by credit card payment. Cash and check donations need to be accompanied by a Donation Information Sheet which is available at NWAC and online.
Donations designated to fund scholarships are a perfect way to know that your donation is changing the life of an artist in your community. Please note on the check that the donation is for the NWAC Scholarship Fund.
If you have a physical donation such as art supplies, office supplies, etc., please contact staff to make arrangements for delivery and receipt, and fill out an in-kind donation form. All donations will receive an acknowledgment and corresponding documentation for taxes.
Health and Safety
NWAC is very concerned about the physical and emotional safety of our students. All staff are CPR & First Aid certified and we always have a first aid kit, radio, and cell phone in case of emergency.
All injuries and behavioral incidents will be clearly communicated to parents/guardians, and a detailed response plan is in place for any emergencies, which include weather/environmental threats, any accident requiring use of CPR/First Aid, and injuries requiring a visit to a hospital. Our online registration forms include space to alert us to specific concerns, allergies, or needs. Please contact us if you have any questions about specific needs. We will do our best to accommodate.
Full disclosure of your child’s medical, emotional and behavioral status upon registration is required in order for us to create the best experience for your child and for all students. Our capacity to work with a wide range of challenges is significant, but we can only do so when we have all of the information. Nondisclosure of medical, psychological or behavioral challenges may result in a child being sent home from class without refund. This information is confidential and will only be shared with our educational staff members.
Please read these expectations with your child. Participants in NWAC classes and events will be asked to adhere to the following safety expectations:
• Prepare themselves mentally and physically for the process of learning
• Students are nourished, rested, and clean
• Students are free of drugs and alcohol.
• Students come to school prepared to learn.
Demonstrate respect for people and property
• Students are honest, courteous and polite.
• Students respect the property of others.
• Students accept the rights of others to their own opinions
• Students settle differences peacefully.
• Students participate in the maintenance and cleanliness of school facilities and property.
Take responsibility for their own behavior and learning
• Students make personal choices based on reasonable decision-making processes.
• Students accept constructive criticism and disagreement when necessary and appropriate.
• Students accept the consequences of their action
Share responsibilities when working as members of a group
• Students cooperate, contribute and share in the work of a group.
• Students accept and assume leadership when appropriate.
• Students listen to the points of view of others.
Meet the unique requirements of each class
• Students participate actively in class work.
• Students follow class rules and procedures.
• Students observe rules for safe handling of class equipment and materials.
Communicate with parents and school personnel about school related matters
• Students take time to discuss class progress with parents and their NWAC teacher.
• Students transmit information to parents and return responses to NWAC teacher when requested.
Pricing and Payment FAQ
The Northwest Art Center’s core classes run concurrently with our local public school district’s academic year. Instructors create an academic year’s worth of content that is designed to teach a range of art education skills and concepts geared to specific ages. It is our hope that students who sign-up at the start of the academic year will remain in the program through the end of the academic year in order to build on their skills, broaden their experience, and receive quality visual art education. However, you may enroll or unenroll at any time with notice.
Our current registration system has autopayments monthly when you register online. Payment is due at the time of registration.
Our workshops, events and camps are all priced individually, and you may register and pay online.
To find out more about our fee structure, please go to our Class Fee page.