The Northwest Art Center is fortunate to have a dedicated group of community members who bring a range of talents and skills to provide leadership and fundraising support for our organization. Board members are un-paid volunteers and serve two-year terms which are renewable. We are a 501(c)3 (EIN #27-0242357).
2020 Board of Directors
|Adina Welch, Board President (Voted in April 2020)|
|Symone Opara,Interim Board Vice President (Voted in April, 2020)|
|Lloyd McCracken, Board Secretary (Voted in June 2019 to present)|
|Melissa Lutzenhiser, Board Member (as of April 2020)|
2019 Board of Directors
(fiscal year June 2019 to June 2020)
|Melissa Lutzenhiser, Board President as of April 2018 to April 2020) Adina Welch voted in as President April 2020.|
|Adina Welch, Board Vice President (April 2018 - April 2020) Symone Opara voted in as Interim VP April 2020.|
|Lloyd McCracken, Board Secretary (As of June 2019 to present)|
|Susan O'Malley,Board Member (March, 2019 to May 2020)|
|Board Members: Howard Mahran (Sept 2018 until June 2019), Alison Hawkins (until March, 2019 when she became interim ED ), Mary Rusk (as of Oct 2019 until April 2020) , Symone Opara (as of Feb 2020 to April 2020 when voted in as Interim VP)|
Top 10 things the Volunteer Board does for NWAC
- Determine the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Select the Executive Director.
- Provide proper financial oversight. (Budgeting, planning, making sure the money is in a safe place.)
- Ensure adequate resources. (Make sure things can get done.)
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability. (This is for the organization, its members and staff.)
- Ensure effective organizational planning. (Are programs in place to further the mission and goals of the organization?)
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance. (Making sure the board continues to function well.)
- Enhance the organization’s public standing. (This is telling the world about the organization and recruiting new members and support.)
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services. (Managing the day to day stuff including fundraising.)
- Support the ED and assess her performance. (Making sure the chief executive knows what he/she should be doing and has the resources to do it.)
Board Officers: We are currently looking for a few volunteers to be on our Board! Contact us and see what you might be able to do to help this very worthy non-profit organization and work with a fantastic group of people.
Board meetings are held once per month. If you are interested in learning more about serving on NWAC’s Board, please see our Open Board Positions page.
Past Board of Directors
We would love to recognize the dedicated men and women who have given of their time, talents and energy by serving on NWAC’s Boards of Directors since its founding in 2009. Their dedicated leadership has paved the way for the remarkable growth and advancement of our tiny but mighty Art School.